Monday, January 4, 2016

What's the plan?


So now we are here.  In this blank space, brimming with potential.  I have so many ideas.  Thoughts and dreams and hey, isn't that neats.  So this is what this space is for.  For me to record this wonderful, crazy, time in my life.  The little details, the big goals, everything in between.

About me, I am 33 years old.  I am also, in no particular order, a mother of two beautiful children (Everett, almost 3, and Eleanor almost 7 weeks), married to my stunningly crafty and handsome college sweetheart, Trent.  I am a scientist by training, I have my doctorate in molecular biology, and currently work at Stanford University as a staff scientist for a big epigenomics project.  Finding my "calling" is a huge area of thought and discussion in my life, and something I suspect will always be an ongoing challenge.

I was/am very into running, biking, swimming, hiking, yoga, all things beach related, crafting, friends and family.  I've gone from finishing an Ironman triathon in 11 hours and 37 minutes, to now walking to the market and calling that a workout.  Part of this space is to sort out what my life looks like now.  What are my goals, what are my interests, where do I put my energy and time?  Everyday feels different than the one before, but I don't want to lose sight on those convictions I hold most dear.

Hopefully this space can help me put into words and actions those convictions, or at least provide a funny story or two to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment